Cisco is one of the pioneer companies in the world in the field of computer networks and Information Security. It is considered one of the largest leading companies in providing many specialized programs and solutions in this field, which offers many specialized courses in different fields, such as, Networking, Information Technology, and Cybersecurity. It includes many practical laboratories, resources, and educational programs that significantly contribute to improving the level of students, enriching their skills, and qualifying them for the labor market.
Believing in the importance of reducing the gap between academic courses and the labor market, an agreement was signed between Amman Arab University, which represented by the College of Computer Science and Informatics, and Cisco Academy in 2019, with the aim of qualifying students and mapping the Network and Cybersecurity courses to the Academy courses. This contributes and positively reflected in increasing their employment opportunities and helping them obtain on professional certifications.
The college has mapped a number of courses to the training courses offered by the academy, including but not limited to Computer Networks, Network Management and Security, Network Monitoring and Documentation, Cloud Computing Security, and others.
- Providing specialized training courses approved by Cisco in Computer Networks, Cybersecurity, and others.
- Mapping college courses with courses approved by Cisco Academy.
- Providing workshops for students majoring in improving students’ awareness about the importance of Computer Networks and Cybersecurity.
- Periodically holding scientific competitions in the field of Computer Networks.
- Providing practical training for students and connecting them with international companies in the public and private sectors
The Academy offers several courses in the following areas:
- Courses specialized in Computer Networks;
- Programming in C++ and Python;
- The Internet of things.