The Department of Accounting and Business Law was founded in the beginning of the academic year 2015/2016 to add a new discipline to the others already operating under the umbrella of the Faculty of Management at Amman Arab University. In line with our prospective plan, we believe this Department will be in the foreground of departments that equip undergraduate students with high essential and professional skills in Accounting in addition to legal skills that enable them to meet the demands of local and regional job market. To fulfill its mission, the Department endeavors to recruit faculty members of high caliber.
Dr. Mo'taz Al-Zou'bi
Acting Head of the Department of Accounting and Business Law
The Accounting and Business Law Department was started in the academic year 2015/2016. The goal of the department is to preparing students professionally and academically to embark on different accounting careers in the both private and public sectors.
In the faculty of business administration, accounting department aims to achieve excellence by developing of accounting knowledge of our students. Supplying local market with more specialists in all accounting areas and business Law is also one of the main goals for our department, specifically, cost accounting, management accounting, auditing, AIS and business Law. It also aims to develop both research and practical skills for our student in the bachelor and master degrees. And cooperation with local and international professional organizations is also one of the most important goals for our department.
Entrepreneurship and distinction in the fields of accounting and business law.
Improving students’ skills in the profession of accounting and trade legislations of business organizations
- Preparing cadres qualified in the fields of accounting and legal legislations of financial and trade issues.
- Prepare students to pass the vocational placement tests in accounting.
- Proving alumni equipped with knowledge and skills meeting the needs of labor market.
- Providing cadres for the labor markets fully aware of scientific developments in the fields of accounting and business law.
Educational Outcomes of B.A in Accounting and Business Law
The expected learning outcomes of this program are preparing graduates competent in:
1. Understanding the key areas of accounting and business law.
2. Adopting quantitative methods in financial analysis.
3. Understanding the legal aspects of financial work.
4. Applying auditing and control process.
5. Applying theoretical foundations and rules of accounting to public and private sector institutions.
6. Implementing various kinds of labor, social security and tax laws.
7. Communicating effectively in a teamwork.