The Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies at Faculty of Sharia/ Amman Arab University is a unique model of academic scientific departments that establish tolerance and moderation of Islam.
This department, which was established in 2016, to disseminate Islamic Science is based on the Holy Quran, Sunnah, and understanding of prophet’s companions and followers. This includes many sciences of Sharia such as Islamic Creed, judgments, transactions and morals.
The Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies at Amman Arab University concerns with the mechanisms of understanding so that the mind has an active role in understanding and inferring scientific Islamic provisions to come up with the results that benefit students of Islamic Sharia so that they are moderate and qualified guides, serving Islam and Muslims, maintaining moderation and security in our country, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
Based on the teachings of our true Islamic religion, and achieving the university moderate message through deepening Islamic faith, the Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies was established at the faculty of Sharia in 2016. The department aims at establishing
Islamic studies in the following fields: the sciences of the Holy Qur’an, exegesis and recitation, Hadith and its sciences, Prophet’s biography, Islamic belief and religions, jurisprudence and its origins , which contributes to forming of the conscious Islamic character that belongs to its religion and country, with a moderate approach.
Why this major?
The specialization of Sharia and Islamic studies aims to deepen the understanding of the Islamic faith and shaping the Islamic personality to understand Sharia science, its origins and rules according to the purposes of Islamic legislation, which combines tradition and modernity with a moderation approach. The specialization meets the needs of society by graduating personalities with scientific competence in Sharia capable of keeping pace with current time issues in various fields of Sharia; such as the Sharia judiciary, family counseling, education, Sharia law, Islamic economics, Islamic Dauaa and speech-making.
Entrepreneurship in building a philological and interactive personality combining both originality and modernity.
Preparing distinct alumni who have the ability to understand the Islamic Sharia and its fundamentals and to provide the jurisprudent solutions of the century updates.
1. Acquiring the student set of legitimate rules and bases which are extracted from their legitimate sources.
2. Enabling the jurisprudent ability for the student in the Islamic faith, call and religious address.
3. Enhancing the critic thinking in students related to legitimate and social issues.
4. Acquiring students the research skills using the original sources and references in Islamic Sharia.
5. Enriching the modernity approach in students in the Islamic faith, call and religious address.
Educational Outcomes of B.A in Sharia:
1. Reciting the Holy Quran in accordance with the rules of Quranic recitation.
2. Identifying the Holy Quran and its sciences and the methods of considered exegetists.
3. Providing an evidence of the authenticity of holy Sunnah and its resources.
4. Identifying the sciences of Hadith and its origins by adopting the correct prophetic Hadiths.
5. Identifying the Islamic creed and its moderate characteristics and its impact on the individual and society.
6. Deducing the legislative rules from their original sources.
7. Identifying the origins of Islamic jurisprudence and giving solutions for the contemporary jurisprudence.
|Bachelor's of Sharia and Islamic Studies||132||Download Plan|