On behalf of the faculty and administrative staff of the Department of Renewable Energy Engineering, I would like to welcome you to the site of our department, established within the Faculty of Engineering in 2020.
The Department of Renewable Energy Engineering aims to enhance the role of engineer after completing his studies to be able to produce innovative and practical designs and use of modern engineering applications in green Renewable Energy Engineering, sustainable construction, environmental control and renewable energy.
Our mission is to provide our graduates with the ideal professional practice ability to prepare a generation of engineers capable of constructive thinking to address the problems and obstacles facing Renewable Energy Engineering. This will be by qualifying creative engineers who can be excellent in the fields of practicing Renewable Energy Engineering and continuing to raise the level of study plans according to the need of the local community and global technological development.
The study plan of the B.Sc. of Renewable Energy Engineering is composed of 160 credit hours to grant a bachelor's degree that includes all the fields of knowledge accredited to the major of Renewable Energy Engineering and after reviewing many of the study plans adopted by many recognized universities.
Wishing our students success in the Arab University of Amman
Dr. Nayef Alyan
Acting Head of Renewable Energy Engineering Department
About the Bachelor of Renewable Energy Engineering
The Department of Renewable Energy Engineering awards a bachelor's degree in renewable energy engineering after the student passes (162) credit hours. It is considered a link between the fields of engineering involved in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of renewable energy systems.
These fields include civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, , environmental engineering, materials engineering, and many other engineering sciences. The specialization focuses on the methods and systems used to generate and distribute energy from sustainable sources.
It is a type of energy that is inexhaustible and does not run out, and its name indicates that whenever it is about to end, it renews again and its source is one of the natural resources, such as wind, water, and sun. The most important characteristic of renewable resource is that it is clean environmentally and friendly to energy, as it does not leave harmful gases such as carbon dioxide and does not negatively affect the surrounding environment in addition to playing a significant role in temperature level. Renewable energy sources are completely opposite to non-renewable sources like natural gas, and nuclear fuel as these sources lead to global warming, and release carbon dioxide when used.
The study plan includes various topics on solar energy, wind energy, and multiple topics covering knowledge areas of the specialization.
Renewable energy engineering graduate can work in:-
1- All power generation stations (mechanical and electrical maintenance)
2- Design and maintenance of renewable energy generating stations.
3- Managing and creating various usages of renewable energy.
The department is equipped with the laboratories necessary to prepare the student in distinguished manner, so that he can acquire the appropriate experiences in the field
Entrepreneurship and distinction in renewable energy engineering in teaching, research and application.
To prepare creative renewable energy engineers, able to compete in labor market professionally to achieve comprehensive and sustainable development.
1. Providing students with professional knowledge and skills in the basics of renewable energy.
2. Acquiring students with communication skills and teamwork.
3. Strengthening students’ professional ethics and the principles of practice.
4. Continuous development of study programs according to the needs of the labor market.
5. Motivating teaching staff and students to scientific research and continuous education.
6. Supporting professional, industrial, economic and technical development.
7. Building bridges of cooperation with companies, engineering and consulting offices, and strengthening the link with the departments and faculties of engineering in local, Arab and international Universities.
Educational Outcomes of B.Sc. in Renewable Energy Engineering
The expected outcomes of this program are preparing graduates competent in:
1. Optimal recruitment and storage of renewable energy sources.
2. Design and develop renewable energy systems to promote sustainable energy economy and energy security.
3. Keep abreast of information technology and software needed for renewable energy engineering.
4. Practice the profession within the laws and frameworks governing it
5. Adhering to professional responsibilities and ethics.
6. Management of renewable energy projects, preparation of technical reports, papers, drawings.
7. Resolving practical engineering problems and making appropriate decisions.