Welcome to the Department of Aircraft Maintenance at Aviation Sciences College at Amman Arab University!
The Aircraft Maintenance Department was established in the academic year 2017/2018 with a 137 academic hours and local accreditation from the Jordanian Higher Education Authorities
The Aircraft Maintenance Department provides qualified faculty from the most prestigious universities in the world.
The teaching and administrative staff in the department continuously review and update the curricula and teaching methods in accordance with the quality control standards. The department seeks to communicate continuously with the companies and institutions concerned in order to accomplish projects and applied research. Beside that the curricula is designed in a way that aims to raise the professional and technical competence of students and gain knowledge in the field of specialization, which qualifies the student to work in the relevant companies after graduation easily.
The curricula has been built to provide community with qualified specialists, competent enough to keep abreast with the latest development in aviation sciences combining theory and practice.
Students who graduates from the aircraft maintenance will demonstrate understanding of basic science involved in aircraft maintenance activities, theory of operation of aircraft engines and systems. Student will gain the ability to understand written maintenance report and write the appropriate paper work needed by regulatory bodies for aircraft maintenance, also students will get knowledge of regulatory and legal issues impact aircraft maintenance beside the ability to test, inspect, maintain, repair and troubleshoot faults in aircraft systems and engines.
Graduates of the department should be able to apply their knowledge in a practical manner using detailed procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
The Department is keen to participate in conferences and related workshops, which necessarily lead to the transfer of the latest developments in aviation science and reflected on the study plans and continuously.
The Department attracts a growing number of students from inside and outside Jordan. The Department of Aircraft Maintenance also prepares students to obtain international licenses in the field of aircraft maintenance such as EASA, European Aviation Safety Agency
CARC, Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission
Dr. Anwar Alasaf
Acting Head of Aircraft Maintenance Department
Entrepreneurial and distinguished vocational learning to serve community in the field of aircraft maintenance.
Provide the community with qualified specialists, competent enough to keep abreast with the latest development in aircraft maintenance.
1. Preparing qualified alumni equipped with the required skills to meet the continuous needs of market in aircraft maintenance.
2. Enabling students to acquire intensive knowledge of the principles and rules of aircraft maintenance.
3. Enhancing the competencies of alumni and developing them to live up to the standards of aircraft maintenance organization.
4. Applying rules and regulations and implementing safety measures of the organizing bodies.
5. Equipping graduates professionally with sciences and required skills and techniques, necessary for aircraft maintenance.
Educational Outcomes of B.Sc. in Aircraft Maintenance
The expected outcomes of this program are preparing graduates competent in:
1. Applying and solving mathematical and algorithmic problems in the field of aircraft maintenance science.
2. Understanding and troubleshooting aircraft errors in systems and components.
3. Repairing and manufacturing parts of various airframes.
4. Understanding the theories of operating and building aircraft engine.
5. Troubleshooting and fixing problems of turbine engines and its parts.
6. Understanding written maintenance information and filling the required maintenance documents.
7. Acquiring effective work skills within groups and teams.
8. Designing, developing and implementing simulating solutions in aircraft maintenance sciences.
9. Analyzing, designing, implementing and evaluating aviation systems in a variety of practical areas.
10. Adapting to the growing technological changes, recognizing their impact on organizations and communities and engaging in lifelong learning.
|Number||List of Research Papers||Abstract|
Al-Assaf, Anwar, (2016), The effect of slip velocity and temperature jump on the hydrodynamic and thermal behaviors of MHD forced convection flows in horizontal microchannels, Springer International Publishing
|Number||List of Research Papers||Abstract|
Al-Assaf, Anwar, (2018), Performance evaluation of DigiMesh and ZigBee wireless mesh networks, IEEE
|2||Al-Assaf, Anwar, (2018), Effect of Transverse Steady Magnetic Field on MHD Flow Under Free Convection Conditions in Vertical Microchannels, Jordan Journal of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering.||Download|