We are pleased to welcome you to the web page of the Department of Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers. This Department offers a comprehensive undergraduate program in Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers leading to a bachelor’s degree in this specific major. It is the first of its kind in our region. Its study plan is carefully designed to meet the needs of foreign students interested in majoring in Arabic Language. In the first two years, students should be able to master all the language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing; afterward students will attempt other courses that discuss further language and literature topics. Your acquaintance, as a foreign student, with Arabic native speakers will help you a great deal and master Arabic, i.e. to speak, read, and write like native speakers.
Dr . May Shaikhali
Acting Head Department Arabic language for Non-Native Speakers Department
Entrepreneurship and distinction locally and regionally in teaching Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers, as well in scientific research and community service.
To establish an excellent resource of linguistic and cultural studies, and provide local and regional market with highly qualified specialists in the field of teaching Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers.
- Teaching students Arabic phonetic and phonology and enabling them to pronounce, read, and write Arabic.
- Familiarizing students with Arabic vocabulary and grammatical structures to help students master the four language skills.
- Acquainting students with Arabic language competencies necessary for students in teaching Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers.
- To attain entrepreneurship in teaching Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers and disseminating Arabic language worldwide.
Educational outcomes of B.A in Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers
The expected outcomes of this program are preparing graduates competent in:
1. Analyzing texts and distinguishing among their types.
2. Using Arabic dictionaries and linking concepts and terminology.
3. Employing communication skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening in the field of Arabic.
4. Explaining literary and linguistic works.
5. Coping with the difficulties and problems of the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
6. Working effectively as a teamwork.