I received the B.Sc. degree in computer science from Al Al-Bayt University, Jordan, in 1999, the M.Sc. degree in computer science from University Putra Malaysia (UPM),in 2002, and the Ph.D. degree in computer science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM),Malaysia, in 2021. In March 2010, I joined King Faisal University (KFU) as a Computer Science Lecturer, where I worked for nine years. Recently, I have joined Amman Arab University (AAU) as assistant professor of cybersecurity. I am specialized in malware analysis and live forensics. My research interests include machine learning, optimization algorithms, cybersecurity, malware analysis and detection, digital forensics, feature selection, feature extraction, and data science and analytics
My research areas include machine learning, feature extraction & engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms, cyber security, information security, digital forensics, IDS, and malware analysis & detection.
- Sihwail, R., Solaiman, O., Omar, K., Akram, K. & Alswaiti, M. (2021). A Hybrid Approach for Solving Systems of Nonlinear Equations Using Harris Hawks Optimization and Newton’s Method. IEEE Access 9. 95791-95807. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3094471 (WOS/ Q1)
- Elgamal, Z. M., Yasin, N. M., Sabri, A. Q. & Sihwail, R. (2021). Improved Equilibrium Optimization Algorithm Using Elite Opposition-Based Learning and New Local Search Strategy for Feature Selection in Medical Datasets. Computation 9(6): 68. doi:10.3390/computation9060068 (WOS/ ESCI)
- Sihwail, R., Omar, K. & Ariffin, K. A. Z. (2021). An Effective Memory Analysis for Malware Detection and Classification. Computers, Materials & Continua, 67(2): 2301–2320 doi:10.32604/cmc.2021.014510 (WOS/ Q1).
- Sihwail, R., Omar, K., Akram, K. & Mohammed, T. (2020). Improved Harris Hawks Optimization Using Elite Opposition-Based Learning and Novel Search Mechanism for Feature Selection. IEEE Access 8: 121127–121145. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3006473 (WOS/ Q1).
- Sihwail, R., Omar, K., Zainol Ariffin, K. & Al Afghani, S. (2019). Malware Detection Approach Based on Artifacts in Memory Image and Dynamic Analysis. Applied Sciences, 9(18): 3680. doi:10.3390/app9183680 (WOS/ Q2).
- Sihwail, R., Omar, K., & Ariffin, K. Z. (2018). A survey on malware analysis techniques: Static, dynamic, hybrid and memory analysis. International Journal on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology, 8(4-2), 1662. doi: 10.18517/ijaseit.8.4-2.6827 (SCOPUS/ Q1).
- Introduction to Computer Science.
- Relational Database.
- Data Communication & Networking
- Computer Security
- Python Programming
- Computer programming logic (C++, Visual Basic)
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- Machine learning
- Optimization & Feature Selection
Information Technology Lecturer
- King Faisal University (KFU) Feb/2010 – Sep/ 2019
- Al Ehsa – Saudi Arabia
Information Technology Instructor
- Emirates College of Technology (ECT) Feb/2005 –Sep/2009
- Abu Dhabi –UAE
Information Technology Teacher
- Saudi School – Kuala Lumpur Aug/2001- Aug/2004
- Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Information Technology Instructor (Part Timer)
Higher Colleges of Technology (ADMC) Sep/2007-Sep/2008
Abu Dhabi - UAE
- Global Business Company 1999-2001
- Amman - Jordan